Chosen this as a preliminary piece of musical inspiration for its abstract noises. There seems to be knocks, bangs and hisses embedded within the beat of the song. It reminds me of David Lynchs’ atmospheric ambient sound effects in his film Eraserhead, which features drones, machienary and the hissing of pipes. It’s effects are to pull the outside in, taking sounds we associate with large open spaces, and pulling them into a much smaller, almost claustrophobic environment.
I’ll link up more Musical inspirations (Some that of Lynch) in the coming weeks. Music/ambient sounds have become a vital asset to this piece, assuming it can be put to great effect just like the greats such as Lynch had in the past.
Extremely ruff torso: Taking it off my model proved to be an issue, and we had to partly take it apart to do so. Once we’ve got the studio, and storyline ironed out/booked, it will be a matter of getting her back into it, and then patching up any mishaps. For the legs, we’ve got jeans as a stable platform for the duct tape. It will then be a case of putting the final details to that on set.
As I speak. It’s coming together nicely now. The research so far is pushing through into my work.
It’s fast becoming my own view on the Anxiety you feel in day to day life, using the OCD nature/concept as a tool to underpin my work. It will hopefully pull back it’s function as an experimental film by the way In which it’s edited together.
Tomorrow ( Wednesday 22nd of Feb):
- Creating the first mock-up of the Duct tape body suit: Using a female model this time, to help tie together different ideas such as ‘The Male Gaze’ (up and coming blog post), sexuality and shape & form.
- I will create a suit which minimises the amount of Duct tape I use, but allows me more or less full body angles to utilize. (Drawing of Concept to follow shortly)
- The door, which was previously blogged earlier in the head of the Duct tape bust, will remain a key feature, allowing me to represent a Direct way of showing the daemons (Anxiety, fear) directly effecting the Humanoid.
Thursday 23rd Feb:
- Continuing with Research and Concept outline/storyboarding.
Friday 24th Feb:
- Initial Concept filming; Allowing me to film the humanoid suit from different angles, checking out lighting and set up of the studio.
- Will try different mock-ups of the bust, with different light sources for ease of use.
Shapes of the Human Figure?
Pornography, sexual desires & it’s relation to photography/video.
I’m going to delve into this a lot more over the coming weeks, bring out the different aspects of OCD which know one knows about.
Objects and Representation are key in my first glance into this subject, with early pornographic photographers suggesting sexual imagery with objects covering provocative parts of the human figure.
With the presence of new technology, Photoshop and scanning equipment, ‘ART PHOTOGRAPHY NOW’ says ” Here the very thing becomes bot the subject and the object, blurring boundries between [reality and representation].” (my own emphasis)